"Educating with Extension"
The UF/IFAS/Monroe County Extension Office has been publishing a
monthly newsletter since August 2002. The newsletter initially
began as a monthly report distributed to the Monroe County Board of
County Commissioners starting in April 2001. For the first seven months of 2002,
the monthly report was transformed into a two-page update information
sheet until the August edition, Volume 1, Issue 8, when it became a
newsletter titled, "Extension Happenings" and then "Educating through
Extension." The newsletter was re-titled, "Educating with
Extension" for the November 2002 edition, which has been the title
ever since, although there have been many format changes along the way.
Newsletters produced over the past two years are available below. For copies of archived newsletters, please e-mail or call the newsletter editor listed to the right.
Please note: All front page articles were written by Dawn Thomas, unless otherwise stated.
- May - "Hurricane Prep 101"
- April - "The ABC's of Monroe County Extension"
- March - "Earth Day Network"
- February - "2013 Python Challenge"
- January - "Florida Keys Trivia Quiz"
- December - "8th Annual Florida Keys Seafood Festival"
- November - "Poinsettias for the Holidays and Beyond"
- October - "Master Gardener Training 101"
- September - "Fifty Shades of Green"
- August - "Vegetable Gardening in the Florida Keys
- July - "Origin of Land-Grant Universities"
- June - "Global Warming Delays Natural Patterns of Glaciation"
- May - "Test Your 'Green Diet' Knowledge"
- April - "Spearfishing Regulations for Monroe County"
- March - "The Rugose Spiraling Whitefly: A Sticky Situation"
- February - "Introduced Constrictors in Florida"
- January - "Seafood Nutrition Facts"
Dawn Thomas Newsletter Editor
Monroe County Extension 1100 Simonton Street, # 2-260 Key West, FL 33040
Phone: (305) 292-4501
Fax: (305) 292-4415
Want to sign up to be on our newsletter mailing list? Just send an e-mail to: email@example.com indicating whether you want to receive it via e-mail (preferred) or U.S. mail.